Does anyone else besides snapon sell the terminal tool

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is who I bought mine from $4.95 with free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-term...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c02df261&vxp=mtr

219.jpg

I know there are several good brands of tools out there, but for the average Joe fix-it, Craftsman is widely available (Sears & ACE) and are good enough for the backyard mac-a-nac. Although Kobalt at Lowes and Husky at Home Depot is catching up.
I've noticed that many Craftsman is now made in China and not exactly a perfect fit anymore as far as wrenches/sockets go....so with that said buy what you can afford, depending on how often you'll use them & your budget.

How much are the other brands compared to the 3 I mentioned above?

Now for a guy/gal that makes their living with tools then yes of course go for the best.

The only reason I made this post is when I searched ebay last night that was all I could find. Normally similar tools will cross reference to each other but that wasn't happening yesterday

Right I think I paid $10 or more before I had key words.

Thanks Ryan but I was just kidding. I do like the Snap on #2 screw drivers. I use them and keep a perfect tip. It works great on the Mikuni carbs and you can keep the handle and buy refills when the tip starts to turn.

Right I think I paid $10 or more before I had key words.

Thanks Ryan but I was just kidding. I do like the Snap on #2 screw drivers. I use them and keep a perfect tip. It works great on the Mikuni carbs and you can keep the handle and buy refills when the tip starts to turn.
I am definitely a believer in quality screw drivers I buy mostly Klein personally but that has more to do with my line of work.

Delphi weatherpack tool. It is a gm terminal. They do not really use them on any newer vehicles. But buy a couple of them if you plan on using it alot. The cheap $5 tool will eventually need to be replaced. We went through 4 of them so far.

I know there are several good brands of tools out there, but for the average Joe fix-it, Craftsman is widely available (Sears & ACE) and are good enough for the backyard mac-a-nac. Although Kobalt at Lowes and Husky at Home Depot is catching up.
I've noticed that many Craftsman is now made in China and not exactly a perfect fit anymore as far as wrenches/sockets go....so with that said buy what you can afford, depending on how often you'll use them & your budget.

How much are the other brands compared to the 3 I mentioned above?

Now for a guy/gal that makes their living with tools then yes of course go for the best.

I make a living with automotive tools. My shadow will never enter Sears again. Have purchased Crafstman tools for a long time but the quality isn't there any more. Besides, the last time I went to replace some broken tools not a single item was in stock. The professional series combination wrenches fit too loose and if something is tight it will round the bolt off every time. Kobalt, Gear Wrench and Husky tools appear to be a great inexpensive alternative. I agree Snap on is very spendy but I do have some of the common socket sizes so when they break I don't have to run around for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back