Diy wake tower speakers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DooGuy

Finally got around to finishing my homebuilt tower speakers. Didnt have budget for big brand one's right now. Went with 6" Polk audio marine with adjustable tweets. Pipe was a $3. Cut off from the habitat store. Wasn't going to spend $30-40 on PVC caps and extra for coupler etc (trying to save as much as can) so decided on some cedar laying around shop. Cut and sanded untill I was able to pound in with hammer. Took out and sealed with water sealer then pounded back in and secured with 4 counter sunk screws. For the speaker mount cut two sections of the pipe then cut out and cemented strips to make fit inside. Used Bondo to fill screws and then used over wood cap to contour and then on speaker mount. Lots of sanding and multiple layers of paint then wiring up and happy with results. Total cost for the pair about $80 give or take, most of cost was speakers. Let me know what you think...IMG_0685.JPGIMG_7257.JPGIMG_7256.JPGIMG_0665.JPGIMG_0666.JPGIMG_0674.JPGIMG_0676.JPGView attachment 37675

pretty clever. how do they sound? did you leave a vent in the back to allow for air movement?

pretty clever. how do they sound? did you leave a vent in the back to allow for air movement?

They're pretty decent sound. I need to get a crossover as the channel they're running on feeds to much bass so if I crank to loud they distort. But I can push them pretty good, if stopped and it's up you have to shout to talk over. Not enough to hear on wakeboard but decent for surfing. No ports on this set they're sealed all around. I want to build a pair of 8" ones to go along side for better low end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back