DIY PWC and boat lifts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAL

Hi all,

I Would like to get some ideas for constructing a simple lift or dingy dock. I have made two already, one works pretty good. It sits on shore with carpeted bunks and a wench...kinda like a trailer with out wheels. The other lift is a similar setup that is floating attached to a dock using barrels for flotation. It still needs some work. A set of rollers may help that one.

I would love to see what other people have created with material that they had lying around.

I designed a ramp out of aluminum originally for my own use, and then decided to turn it into a business.

We are contemplating selling just the axles and wheels as a kit for people who want to build their own out of wood. We would love to hear about anybody who might be interested.

IMG_0641_Cropped.jpg

That is a nice set up. That is very similar to mine, but I don't have the rollers...just bunks. My daughter likes to beach it on to the bunks so that she does not have to wench it up so far...or get her feet wet. Will the rollers hold the ski from rolling back into the water if you beach it?

It sounds like your setup is more out in the water. Ours is setup right on the edge of the water where its only a few inches deep. Actually running the SeaDoo in that shallow water would risk sucking up sand and rocks from the bottom which would damage the impeller. We shut down, get off, and float it in by hand from about 2-1/2 feet of depth to the start of the ramp and the reverse when launching.

I have two, one is floating attached to a dock, It is not finished yet. I am not completely happy with it. The other is on shore just like yours. When we beach it on to the bunks we kill the engine in about 2' or 3' of water and coast up on to the bunks. I think adding rollers to the bottom of the floating dingy dock might help.

I have often wondered how deep a jet ski can suck up sand from the bottom. I am sure it depends on the ski. and one should practice better safe than sorry, but it would be interesting to know. I like to explore back waters and it can get rather shallow.

Last edited:
Not sure how deep it was, but a guest started our SeaDoo in shallow water and it resulted in needing a new impellor and wear ring, so I am a stickler now that no starting of the machine in less than thigh-deep water.

Attachments

• IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
Not sure how deep it was, but a guest started our SeaDoo in shallow water and it resulted in needing a new impellor and wear ring, so I am a stickler now that no starting of the machine in less than thigh-deep water.

I didn't realize that you could mix cement with a SeaDoo.

Here is a floating dock configuration using two of our shore ramps that one of our customers put together. Its not the recommended usage of our product (nor are they SeaDoos), but it might inspire some ideas.

IMG_1683.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back