Dip Stick… 2007 230 Wake for example:

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ230xp

My dip sticks do not look anything like the owner manual shows. Maybe my engines were replaced by previous owner(s)!? Wouldn’t be lucky!

Anyone know if I’m assuming correctly what the bends in the stick indicate? No markings whatsoever, just the kinks in the stick.

The engines are oddly clean… cleaner than the rest of the boat. I wish I knew the history!

Attachments

• BF1E766D-0D1A-4285-8AD5-D93A6656A8B4.jpeg
    BF1E766D-0D1A-4285-8AD5-D93A6656A8B4.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 13
My dip sticks do not look anything like the owner manual shows. Maybe my engines were replaced by previous owner(s)!? Wouldn’t be lucky!

Anyone know if I’m assuming correctly what the bends in the stick indicate? No markings whatsoever, just the kinks in the stick.

The engines are oddly clean… cleaner than the rest of the boat. I wish I knew the history!

They look identical to mine in my 2008 challenger 230 se. you are correct with the markings

They look identical to mine in my 2008 challenger 230 se. you are correct with the markings
Ok that is good to know. Not sure why the manual shows this thing with “marks”… who needs marks! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 8
The very first year of the 4tec in 2002 had that dipstick in the pic with the plastic end. It was also a red color on the handle. The next year they went to the 2 bends I'm sure to save cost with the yellow handle. Not sure if they ever updated their photo in the manuals.

Half way up the dipstick is where it should be. Performance will be slightly diminished at the full level or slightly below. If it is slightly above the full level, it will run poorly and smoke and get oil in the cylinders.

Keep level in the middle or even a little below any higher it pukes crankcase pressure and oil into intake track and it coats the intercooler and makes it less efficient.will not hurt a thing.but if you are a person who thinks the level has to be at the top put a catch can in it and keep it full .those marks are safe to run marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back