Digital Display Problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

djmikeinkc

Hoping someone here can help me with a problem on a 2000 Seadoo RX DI Millenium Edition I just bought yesterday. The previous owner indicated the display(s) was acting up, mentioning it looks like Chinese writing and he couldn't make out notifications like MPH, among other things. Also, it would occassionally not display anything at all. I called the local Seadoo dealer and they quoted me a price of $567 for a replacement display! Needless to say, I don't want to spend that kind of money, but don't want to miss out on important notifications like "low oil level"!! Any ideas what may be the problem, and if it's the display itself, some cheaper alternatives? Thanks for your help in advance!

You can get a used on from eBay... or a used parts dealer. But... if you look in the how too section, someone made a post on how to cut it apart, and clean it out.

You can get a used on from eBay... or a used parts dealer. But... if you look in the how too section, someone made a post on how to cut it apart, and clean it out.

Thanks Dr. Honda. But I'm not sure which post you're referring to. Is it this one?
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?38443-How-To-Repair-burned-GSX-Info-Center-part-1

If so, I don't think that's my problem...the display just flickers portions of the entire text if that makes sense. If that's not the how-to post you were referring to, let me know what it's titled as. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back