DESS problem :(

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

L_C99

So I have the same problem with my 97 XP as alot of other people have with the lanyard, It just shuts off when I am riding it as if I have disconnected the lanyard. And sometimes when it shuts off it will beep twice as if I have disconnected the lanyard and reconnected it, and sometimes it won't which means I have to disconnect and reconnect the lanyard. I have read that for some they had to replace the DESS post, some had to get a new lanyard, or get it reprogrammed, some disconnected the post and reconnected it, and for some nothing worked. So I want to hear from some people that this has happened to and hear how they fixed it.

Also I want to know if all DESS posts and lanyards are the same, or do they have to match each other, or do they all have to match the MPEM, so does it matter?

Thanks

yup, my 96xp just got new dess post. Motor die for no reason, or sometimes will run for hr or 2, others die, right when i take off.

DESS post are the same, but you'll run into, depending on the year, that they either used a 3 plug or a 4 plug style. But still have the same 3 colored wires.

OK thanks, and what about the tether, are they all the same also? Or do they need to match the ski?

So i just did some testing and the reed switch does not appear to be the problem. I just shorted the Black/yellow and black wires together and took it for a ride and it still does the same thing. :mad:
Anything else that it could be? any other way to test it? Thanks

I would like to add that this seems to be entirely throttle based. I can cruise around all day at half throttle, but anything over that and it will die almost immediatly. I don't think it is the dess though. Is there any saftey switch besides the DESS post that will cut electricity to everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back