Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out if I have a DESS problem, MPEM problem or maybe just a bad wiring.

1999 Challenger 1800 twin 787's

Boat will start, and runs great. I do not have the speedo, or the fuel gauge when I start and runt he engines. Low oil light works, so I know that its not the in dash gauge. I replaced the white float in the fuel baffle, but still the gauge stays where it was before. I can't even get it to jump when you connect the Lanyard. The speedo will jump(very little) when you connect the lanyard, but will not move after that. As far as the speedo goes, it will sometimes move up to around 5-10mph, but then it just drops back to '0'. Boat runs just fine, just looking for any help.

I am guessing you have 2 different issues. Probably not a DESS or MPEM problem. Something in the gauges, or the wiring getting to them. Speedometer may be speed sensor problem.

I forgot to mention that there are no beeps coming from the lanyard when you connect it.

Is there any way to test the fuel gauge, speedo, and lanyard? I have already disconnected and reconnected them and they seemed tight. I also cleaned the lanyard with warm soapy water, but that made no difference. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back