DESS Lanyard Help Needed!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankst3r

So i have a 717 system. and i recently bought the kill switches for the sp 587. and i don't have the lanyard for the dess kill switch. is there a generic one i can just buy online? or am i going to have to spend a crazy amount of money on a special one and match it to my ski? is there any way to circumvent this? or Jerry rig something? thats my specialty.
for some context i bought a 1989 seadoo sp for $100. and it has a 717 engine. (they come with a 587) and i need electronics help.

the two buttons on the left under choke are start and killswitch for the 587
the one on the far right is safty layard for 717

Attachments

• Photos (4).zip
    692 KB · Views: 3
It depends on the computer. If your using an older one from a non DESS ski then you just use the standard push button kill switch and lanyard.

If it’s a DESS ski mpem then there’s no way to bypass the lanyard and the DESS lanyard has to be coded to the ski. Actually it’s the mpem that’s coded to the lanyard but you get the idea.

It depends on the computer. If your using an older one from a non DESS ski then you just use the standard push button kill switch and lanyard.

If it’s a DESS ski mpem then there’s no way to bypass the lanyard and the DESS lanyard has to be coded to the ski. Actually it’s the mpem that’s coded to the lanyard but you get the idea.

thanks, but how do i know if i have a dess system. and if i do have dess am i looking a lot of money to get a new layard paired?

thanks, but how do i know if i have a dess system. and if i do have dess am i looking a lot of money to get a new layard paired?
snagged these off google since I'm not able to get any pictures right now but here
1566169915373.png

non dess looks something like this while the dess post looks like:
1566169944064.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back