Dess key? Post?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

j_smiley13

Hello Sea Doo Lovers,
I have a 05 3d.
I'm having issues with it not shutting off.
With the key on, it starts and runs fine.
It shuts off when I hit the button.
BUT it will not shut off when I remove the key.
Also will not start without key on.

As far as I know I've checked all fuses.
I think there are only 2 spots where there are fuses..

I'm thinking of replacing dess post, but the more I read the less I think it's the problem.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

With the key on, it starts and runs fine. Correct
It shuts off when I hit the button. Correct
BUT it will not shut off when I remove the key. Sounds like the DESS post isn't releasing.
Also will not start without key on. Correct

I would replace the DESS post. Everything is functioning correctly except the DESS post isn't releasing it's contact when the lanyard is removed.

Hello there,
So I installed a new post, and unfortunately the machine is still doing the exact same thing. It still will not shut off when the key is removed.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

As a test, I'd disconnect the DESS post while it's running and confirm it doesn't stop that way. The post has a magnetic switch inside, normally when this switch opens (Removing the DESS cap does this) the MPEM senses this and shuts off the engine.

As a test, I'd disconnect the DESS post while it's running and confirm it doesn't stop that way. The post has a magnetic switch inside, normally when this switch opens (Removing the DESS cap does this) the MPEM senses this and shuts off the engine.

I could try that, it is a brand new post that I installed.

I understand it's new. This is surprising b/c the MPEM detects the open magnetic switch as a shutdown command.

4-tec is not my forte though, so I'm not sure exactly where to lead you from there. If you have a factory service manual, the electrical schematic should show the circuit connecting back to the MPEM.

Thanks for all the help, I'm now having another possibly unrelated issue. The 3D is starting and runs fine up till 3/4 throttle and then bogs out.

Maybe I should start with a compression test?

Or maybe where the 2 issues started around the same time could it be mpem related?

Thanks

I would check compression just for peace of mind.

Is yours the 787 RFI or 951 DI?

Either way you should change the fuel filters in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back