Desperately Seeking Control Handle Assembly for 2008 Utopia 205 SE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Chris Newman

The throttle control handle literally snapped in half and I can't get the part anywhere. Any advice would be most appreciated.

throttle handle 1.jpgthrottle handle 2.jpg

It appears to be the same throttle controls as the Volvo Penta Xact. My handle is cracked as well and they don't appear to sell replacement handles (not that that would fix your problem), so the only option is a new control.

I'd keep the trim block off plate from your current handle in case you wanted to swap it out on the new controls.

New controls are roughly $350. Give or take a few bucks.

Link to control

penta xact.jpg

Didn’t do the work myself so sadly I cannot assist but recommend you purchase the replacement handle that was recommended to me. You will need it sooner than later. Money well spent. Let me know if you can’t see the link.

Sorry crew, I have suffered the same thing again- my handle is cracked, so I will be using what parts I can to get my control working again.

It appears to be the same throttle controls as the Volvo Penta Xact. My handle is cracked as well and they don't appear to sell replacement handles (not that that would fix your problem), so the only option is a new control.

I'd keep the trim block off plate from your current handle in case you wanted to swap it out on the new controls.

New controls are roughly $350. Give or take a few bucks.

Link to control

View attachment 51655
I have the same issues as the others here, a broken handle. Is the Volvo Penta control unit a direct replacement or modifications required. I plan on using just the handle if it will fit the gear that the older handle uses. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You FYI 2008 SeaDoo Utopia 205 SE 430 HP

West Marine sells these. The BRP assembly might be a “hybrid” style, but I’d bet money the lever is the same regardless of the cable mechanism.

West Marine sells these. The BRP assembly might be a “hybrid” style, but I’d bet money the lever is the same regardless of the cable mechanism.
I actually purchased the whole assy. mentioned above (Volvo Penta 3888316) from Pro Pride Marine for $366.00 with free shipping and had the local SeaDoo Yamaha Dealer install it. It didn't work, the Tech said it had roughly 3/4 forward throttle and no reverse. I asked him if he tried just swapping the handle and he said he did but it was different also. Cost me $270 X 2 plus the price of the new control. I am not 100% sure he tried swapping handles so I am going to take a look at it today just to make sure. Thanks for your reply.

Having a similar problem with mine in Australia, did you manage to get a workaround to replace the handle? Was hoping, like you, the handle should be a straight swap and leave the mech the same. Any luck?

Thanks

A freind who is a mchinist, mad this cutom colllar which got me back working again. My plastic handle was only partly broken, so there was a little meat left to re-inforce. I also now hold the stick lower to put less stress when shifting/throttling.
BTW- my 2011 SP210 is for sale.

Handle w-Mod.jpg

A freind who is a mchinist, mad this cutom colllar which got me back working again. My plastic handle was only partly broken, so there was a little meat left to re-inforce. I also now hold the stick lower to put less stress when shifting/throttling.
BTW- my 2011 SP210 is for sale.

View attachment 61178
That's a great work around, I will keep hunting for a solution, my handly snapped off clean at hte top of the polished section.
Thanks for your update.

I actually purchased the whole assy. mentioned above (Volvo Penta 3888316) from Pro Pride Marine for $366.00 with free shipping and had the local SeaDoo Yamaha Dealer install it. It didn't work, the Tech said it had roughly 3/4 forward throttle and no reverse. I asked him if he tried just swapping the handle and he said he did but it was different also. Cost me $270 X 2 plus the price of the new control. I am not 100% sure he tried swapping handles so I am going to take a look at it today just to make sure. Thanks for your reply.
Interested in your solution if you managed to find one with full throttle.

How did you make out with swapping the handle/lever? Mine snapped and this is the best option I've found so far. Would like to know if it's worth buy the Volvo controller.

Back