Depth finder and sounder mount on utopia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
On these Merc boats... there's a nice hard, flat spot just forward of the drive. I recommend a glue in. Seems like all the transom mounts get damaged.

Mine was installed by the previous owner in the same flat location in front of the drive. However I had to reglue mine because it had separated. When I researched it, I think I was told to used silicon and the the trick was to try avoid creating air pockets when setting it in place in the glue.

In terms of wiring, mine was wired from the engine bay, under the rear seat below the storage area on the right side of the boat and to the dash. You will have to remove the large plastic bin under the rear seat to get easier access.

I have since installed a fresh water system with a switch on the dash and so had to run wires myself in the same area. I can tell you the most difficult part is fishing the wires from the rear seat to the dash but overall it was not a difficult task

transducer.JPG
IMG_2108.JPG
No holes - I RTVd the transducer inside the hull. The cables can be run through the seat-back to the console. I have the unit on the dash through the cup holder. Just be sure to secure the cables away from the steering linkage behind the dashboard.

I have just the original transducer that came with the unit? Is that one going to work to mount j side or doid you guys a buy a special transducer ?

Mine is a normal Lowrance fish finder with the transducer that is meant to be in the water...off the transom...etc. There are many suggestions on how to check to see if your system will work. One is putting your xducer in a ziploc with water and sit it in a position on the hull to check to see if it works first. I would not use something that is too permanent, mine is a strong silicone RTV. Bubbles in the adhesive will give a bad signal.
There are several suggestions, threads here and on Google. Marine epoxy seems to be a big commitment.

Mine is glued inside as well so there was no need for drilling. If you need to see pics let me know

I have to admit that I am not overly impressed with the results of mine. The depth finder works ok but the fish finder is unusable. Maybe I just dont know how to use one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back