FOR SALE WARNING Daniel Victor Edery Ripoff/ fraud watch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
As long as you have a matching HIN to the title in your name there’s really nothing that can be done or proof that it’s stolen or not.

If they removed the one inside or swapped it also there’s no other way to identify it.

As long as you have a matching HIN to the title in your name there’s really nothing that can be done or proof that it’s stolen or not.

If they removed the one inside or swapped it also there’s no other way to identify it.
We don’t really get titles in Ontario. We get a pleasure craft license which can be easily altered.

Hey everyone. I got burned a little while ago and just ran out of resources fighting it.

Long story short. I posted a parts wanted ad on kijiji. Got a response from a guy claiming to have everything, said he's been in the pro circuit since the early 90's rebuilds engines on the side.... seemed legit talking to him several times over a few months.

Well last year I was allot busier with machines than I've ever been and though about maybe making this a personal business. Being swamped I went to purchase an engine from him to save time and got burned pretty bad. He would give me endless promises to deliver etc and nothing but excuses.

Lesson learned.

So now I'm at the point of wanting to post all the info I have on this guy to see if anyone has anything that could help or just to save some people trouble.

If I got the name right apparently he's well known in the states for fraud and is now in Toronto pulling the same scams.

His phone number is a cell phone
Address he gave me was for a ups depot
Not sure of his real address.
Know he has an account with sbt
His name is all over rippoffreport.
Police here found his address but wont give it of course. Cant even sue the guy...

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, Mod's is it legal to post this info?
Are you still looking??

I suppose there's one good thing come out of this sad story. Pretty much everybody that he meets ends up finding the Seadooforum

Just as an update he is still doing the same thing and has gotten a few more people.

35 Stoffel Dr, Etobicoke, ON M9W 6A8
That is where he is or where he's working and maybe somebody else owns the shop.

A member here has just gotten, "took" his machine back and is a total mess, missing parts, robbed parts replaced with junk and who knows what else.

Any advice as to what can legally be done now by him now ?

I highly doubt he will show up in court as he will likely disappear again.

Last edited:
That would actually be good, as if you miss your court date, they write up a warrant for your arrest. He'd be wanted and people like that have a tendency to run into the law.

Wow - I got ripped off by this same guy last year early-mid summer. I must be one of the lucky ones, learning about your posts all now.... my only "saving grace" was that I had paid a deposit for the boat he never gave me by Interac E-Transfer (not sure if you folks in the USA have this).... so when I threatened to go to the police and then to Interac (the company), stating to him that the police can instruct Interac to access the receiving individuals personal banking information, he sent me my money back within 24 hours... this was after 6 weeks of him dodging me / stringing me along.

And why isn't this guy in jail?
How. Right now I'm the only one actually going after him legally. I already had people trying to serve him papers but he's been avoiding it and so there's nothing that I can do about it from where I am and the police don't really want to do anything for me either.

Sounds like fraud and selling possible stolen vehicles, wouldn't that land you in jail?

Dan was seen recently on Lakeshore in Port Credit. Black Range Rover with yellow SeaDoo on back. The police can run the plates all day long and it still traces back to the UPS post office box on Lakeshore and 5th on Etobicoke. He is not hard to find though.

He has a storage unit on Mavis on the west side of Mavis 4 minutes north of Queensway. All the staff there confirmed "many people are looking for the jet ski guy including police".

But if you want to see him face to face, go to his Chop Shop on Stoffel in Mississauga. First giant garage door as you drive up...with tons of machines out front. In the same plaza as 401 Mini Indy GoKarts.

Last edited:
Im another one of his casualties. Ya he is at that place mostly at night. or first thing. complete rip off artist.

he has a sedoo challenger 1800 boat listed currently on kijiji do a search under mississauga and you will see it come up DV is his user name when you chat. add id 1449827441

he is most likely checking this chat to see when he needs to move around.

I spoke to a guy yesterday for this story:
Dan did a legit, onsite winterization for a seadoo on this guys driveway. But when September came, Dan semi-agressively was pitching the concept of the client storing it at Dan's and then being delivered in May.

As we all now know, if Dan steals it from the driveway it is THEFT. If Dan receives client permission to take it away and then NEVER returns it, it is a civil matter and not considered "theft". The police just call it "slow customer service".

Are we all just a bunch of pussies allowing this to happen with a "oh well lesson learned" mentality?

This is "Dan's address". A bloody UPS PO Box.

Attachments

• 20190802_103122(0).jpg
    20190802_103122(0).jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 53
  • 20190802_103122(0).jpg
    20190802_103122(0).jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 51
Back