FOR SALE WARNING Daniel Victor Edery Ripoff/ fraud watch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Mekanix

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hey everyone. I got burned a little while ago and just ran out of resources fighting it.

Long story short. I posted a parts wanted ad on kijiji. Got a response from a guy claiming to have everything, said he's been in the pro circuit since the early 90's rebuilds engines on the side.... seemed legit talking to him several times over a few months.

Well last year I was allot busier with machines than I've ever been and though about maybe making this a personal business. Being swamped I went to purchase an engine from him to save time and got burned pretty bad. He would give me endless promises to deliver etc and nothing but excuses.

Lesson learned.

So now I'm at the point of wanting to post all the info I have on this guy to see if anyone has anything that could help or just to save some people trouble.

If I got the name right apparently he's well known in the states for fraud and is now in Toronto pulling the same scams.

His phone number is a cell phone
Address he gave me was for a ups depot
Not sure of his real address.
Know he has an account with sbt
His name is all over rippoffreport.
Police here found his address but wont give it of course. Cant even sue the guy...

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, Mod's is it legal to post this info?

Last edited:
Here are some pics he's sent me. Anyone recognize them ?IMG_0580.jpg

Claims he build this x4 for his daughter and has won some events with it in Florida.
03F13597-.jpg
Noticed the Montreal plate on the bottom left but not enough characters for police to use.
D16EAF07-.jpg543686851.jpgIMG_0585.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear this. I feel like I might have seen the X4 pics before but I'm not sure where.

Lost 1250 cad. Not terrible compared to most I've found out about but it costs more to pursue it legally.

The plate on the x4 trailer has quebec on the top and apparently he used to compete back in the early 90's.

I guess he travels down to the lower states allot ro buy machines

And I've recently found this:

The first pic is of the engine he never sent. Next is what he claims he built for his daughter and the other two are parts machines.

With moderator support,
This is what I have and also note that most information he has provided to me.

Name:
Daniel Victor Edery
Dob 2-19-1958

Sometimes changes it to
Dan Vedery
Daniel vederu
D Edery
Victor Edery
VD Edery
and so on.

Claims to have been around from the late 80's and has worked on and raced seadoos since then.
Claims to have been in racing magazines and holds some titles in the early 90's

Buisness names:
Piecesmotomarine
Proformance inc

Or proformance_inc
And anyway you can think of misspelling it.

Buisness address he uses.
Proformance inc 2927 Lakeshore Blvd W Siute155
Etobicoke M8V1J3
Canada
(Its a ups depot)

Current non disconnected phone number:
647-769-1991 Answers this one
437-345-2080 Gives this one to businesses he deals with
447-245-2080
Cell, Telus, located in Toronto

Email:
watercraftparts@aol.com

Buys parts from:
Winnercirclecanada and goes by the name Dan.
SBT and has an account there that he says he does large volumes through.
CVtech AAb,

Post seadoo repair and wanted ad's in montreal and toronto kijiji.

Found this link.

Ripoff Report | Daniel v edery complaints, reviews, scams, lawsuits and frauds reported, 3 results

I can only confirm the name, phone number, email, and address as he texted them to me and I have a record of all texts the rest is either that he told me or that I found it online.

I've filed a fraud case with my local pd, and Toronto pd.

June 4 2018 he sent me confirmation via txt (while we were talking on the phone) that he would supply me with: 1. 720cc fully assembled engine with core exchange including shipping and reuturn shipping on core Total price: 1250 to be paid via E transfer.

When I asked for a tracking number he said he didn't have one yet. (never did ship the engine)
Asked for something else, That never happened.
Demanded a refund, for the next 6 months and never got one, only excuses.
Now he will not return calls.
However he will return txts looking for parts ;) and seem eager to make a deal unless he knows your number and owes you too.

He travels from Toronto to Florida quite regularly:

Recognise him ? 1.png

Last edited:
Man it seems like I've seen those X4 pics on one of the facebook pages, but i just scanned for Edery on any group I'm in and came up with nothing. Honestly, one of the reasons I prefer to buy out of the FB groups

It's an eye opener for me. I'm always buying things from individuals. I've been fortunate so far. Normally pwc folks are a good bunch.

Things I've learned:

When dealing with a new person, buying, selling, advising. Search them up. And check further than the 3rd google page.
Try social media, google, forums, maybe business names or businesses they frequent.
Use a pay partner that has your back ie Paypal. Email transfers will leave you sol.
Know the location of the person, business your dealing with.

Got some attention. Posted an ad on kijiji and 30 minutes later it was gone and set to inactive.

Last edited:
Welcome. He seems to have gone silent. I also read a post where he sold a boat to someone that was seized at the border because it was stolen.

Welcome. He seems to have gone silent. I also read a post where he sold a boat to someone that was seized at the border because it was stolen.
Wow.. sorry to hear you are still fighting this.

I purchased a ski from him and had to jump through hoops to get it. He's a fraud but thankfully my ski wasn't reported stolen. It didn't have a charging system though. Like Dan Squires said above, I now only deal with group members on our page. PM me if you want anything else.

Well since posting this a few people have come forward with some good information.
He is now running a shop out of a multi unit building.

35 stoffel dr
in Etobicoke
Back a building first garage door with lots of seadoos outside.

There is another guy that he's been working with him that goes by the name of Dave that also runs a repair buisness on the side. Dave claims to not know of him but there are pictures of both of them at this shop.

Daniel drives a range rover with quebec plates J77 NGZ hes been seen leaving this place several times and on one occasion has lead to him fleeing with Dave in the passenger seat.

He's been seen going to winnercirclecanada on a regular basis and to the ups store at
2927 Lakeshore Blvd W Siute155
Etobicoke M8V1J3
Canada
At the same time each day.
All the hotels in the area say they have seen him and comment that "hey your looking for him too"

The last time he was seen leaving that shop he was confronted by a member here and that resulted in a high speed chase through a residential neighborhood. An hour later he called me saying he was going to pay.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I got burned a little while ago and just ran out of resources fighting it.

Long story short. I posted a parts wanted ad on kijiji. Got a response from a guy claiming to have everything, said he's been in the pro circuit since the early 90's rebuilds engines on the side.... seemed legit talking to him several times over a few months.

Well last year I was allot busier with machines than I've ever been and though about maybe making this a personal business. Being swamped I went to purchase an engine from him to save time and got burned pretty bad. He would give me endless promises to deliver etc and nothing but excuses.

Lesson learned.

So now I'm at the point of wanting to post all the info I have on this guy to see if anyone has anything that could help or just to save some people trouble.

If I got the name right apparently he's well known in the states for fraud and is now in Toronto pulling the same scams.

His phone number is a cell phone
Address he gave me was for a ups depot
Not sure of his real address.
Know he has an account with sbt
His name is all over rippoffreport.
Police here found his address but wont give it of course. Cant even sue the guy...

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, Mod's is it legal to post this info?
So what ever happened? I just bought a ski off this guy which I thought was a deal but now I may be screwed. Guy seemed suspicious. He now drives a black Benz s550 amg with Ontario plate number CFZV 541. I should have gone with my gut instinct.

Yup, it may be a stolen machine. He's been running for a while.
Thanks for the updated information. That will be something else for the toronto police to look out for.

Back