D.E.S.S./Laynard or D.E.S.S. Post issue?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokediver

I have a problem where I will attach the Lanyard and get the 2 standard beeps and be able to start the motor and run the Ski but the Ski will randomly turn itself off like the Lanyard got disconnected. I can then pull the Lanyard and put back on the D.E.S.S. Post and most of the time it will start back up, but sometimes I have to repeat the process multiple times. I thought maybe it was the Lanyard so I went ahead and bought a new lanyard and it seemed to have solved the problem at first. But after riding all day and multiple riders on and off (connecting and disconnecting Lanyard) it started up again. I think I need a new post. Does anyone else agree with me or should I replace the full steering harness? and if I do replace the full harness do I need to reprogram the keys?

Please help

Thanks

It can be the DESS in one of two ways. There is a magnetic reed type switch in it, if the magnet fails, it can shut the ski off.

Or, it is dirty and it THINKS the lanyard is removed. Clean it with a pencil eraser.

Thank you for the quick reply Coastiejoe, is the magnet the round metal band going around the D.E.S.S. and on the front metal contact as well? or is the magnet inside the Post? and when replacing is it hard to get new post on the old harness or is it better to replace whole harness?

I believe it is internal. @Minnetoka4me can confirm this.

Replacement is easy. Many hundreds here have done so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again for the reply. I think thats more than enough to go on. It looks like I will have to replace the post. I know I can search for this and I will, but I didnt know if you or nyone else on here have a "How To" type video or Step by Step instructions on removing steering column and replacing post? [MENTION=43374]Coastiejoe[/MENTION]

I have a 3d to part out here in the next week or two but Ive never done one so I cant tell you. My best guess is the handlebar cover and the underside of the pole will have to come apart, and it looks like the wires need to be popped out of the connector at the bottom and pulled thru the sleeve.

Alot different than most seadoos.

For some reason they are cheaper thru the dealer than most other models and its the same dang part just longer wire and different connectors. I would prob buy a new one, but if you want to buy my used one it worked fine for me over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back