Crashed Spark, sunk and engine under water for an hour.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

walterw

Hope someone here can help.
Had a customer crush to one of his buddies. Put a 4x10 hole through the hull and sunk the doo. Engine was under water for close to an hour.
Drained the water, checked the oil and it looked ok, pulled the air box and the plugs and no water inside.
Checked the intake and no issues so I reassembled and ran for min or two at the dock. Run funny, smoked and choked up but run. After about 2 minutes it seemed ok. Checked the oil again and I could not see anything wrong so off to shop for body repair (one week). Put in the water today and run fine on idle, went to lake and accelerated, that's when it got strange. Will not run top speed, max rpm 6300, then it would should down. Compete loss of power, display blank, like disconnected battery. It restarts fine and runs ok till I hit throttle all the way, just goes to about 6300rpm and shuts down again. No problem restarting it so I did not get stuck on the lake but it's weird.
Anyone have any idea what to look for? I split the body and took everything apart, checked for water and reconnected. Run on hose for 30 seconds and it run fine. Water test tomorrow but I am worried I missed something.
Thanks.
279.jpg
280.jpg

Hope someone here can help.
Had a customer crush to one of his buddies. Put a 4x10 hole through the hull and sunk the doo. Engine was under water for close to an hour.
Drained the water, checked the oil and it looked ok, pulled the air box and the plugs and no water inside.
Checked the intake and no issues so I reassembled and ran for min or two at the dock. Run funny, smoked and choked up but run. After about 2 minutes it seemed ok. Checked the oil again and I could not see anything wrong so off to shop for body repair (one week). Put in the water today and run fine on idle, went to lake and accelerated, that's when it got strange. Will not run top speed, max rpm 6300, then it would should down. Compete loss of power, display blank, like disconnected battery. It restarts fine and runs ok till I hit throttle all the way, just goes to about 6300rpm and shuts down again. No problem restarting it so I did not get stuck on the lake but it's weird.
Anyone have any idea what to look for? I split the body and took everything apart, checked for water and reconnected. Run on hose for 30 seconds and it run fine. Water test tomorrow but I am worried I missed something.
Thanks.
279.jpg
280.jpg

Water test successfully completed.
Everything is back to normal, must have been a connection.

Back