Cover support pole

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sink

I have a 95 speedster with a factory cover. It's a little dirty but is in pretty good condition. My question is was there a support pole or something that held the cover up so it doesn't fill with water? Is there something else I could use? How does it stay in place in the boat and on the cover?

Thanks for the help!
Sink

I was wondering the same thing. My 98 has a loop in the cover that looks like something should hold it on the outside. And no pocket in it for a pole like my boat had.

I just deflate 2 of my tubes a little and stuff one up front and one in the back works well and beats refilling them from empty

But I'd rather have a couple poles as well I'm sure a marina sells them

You can find the poles on ebay for like 30 bucks. you could probably rig something up with a spring loaded curtain rod and some webbing straps or rope for like $10.

Thanks R! My problem is I have no idea what they should be or look like or how to position them so they stay there as I put my cover on or what straps or rope would be used for or... or... or....

Just a Newb,
Sink

On my aftermarket poppy cover, there re 2 poles. One goes up in the bow. It is just a pole with webbing attached to it. There is a short piece of webbing off each side. They go to the front cleats on the boat. They hold the pole steady so it doesnt fall over. Then there is a piece of webbing that goes from that front pole to the rear pole that sits in the rear center of the boat as far back as it can go. That rear pole also has 2 pieces of webbing that go to the rear cleat on each side of the boat. Once you pull it all tight, the poles are tight and dont move. Then you put the cover on. I dont use mine, i store the boat in my garage and the bimini top actually makes the cover fit tight when im towing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back