cover for boat kept in water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffyp06

I know a lot of people love the poppy cover but my concern is I keep my boat in the water for the summer and it looks like the back of the cover would be under water. would this be an issue or does someone have another recommendation for a cover, the oem cover stinks and lets water in everywhere.

are you talking about the factory mooring cover lets in water? My boat sits in a slip all summer and I am using the factory mooring covers and don't have an issue with water coming in.

You may also want to try to spray some water proofing on the OEM cover, I found that to be a big help.

I should note that I also use waterproofing spray on my covers every year, they come with a coating when new but it only lasts about a season, you need to perform maintenance on your covers just like everything else to make them last.

We keep our boat in the water all summer as well and I have had good success with the Poppy cover. The ratcheting mechanism is located right at the water line so it stays wet. I simply try to keep some oil on the parts a few times a year, something that sticks, like anti-corosion spray. When I do take the cover off I let that wet part dry out completely. So far after 8 years, have not had any issues with the material or the metal parts failing. The sunbrella material itself does tend to wear out over time and you can prolong the life by using 303 protectant every year. The sun & UV rays are worse for the material than being in the water. Think I may finally need a replacement this year as the fabric is getting a bit weak and breaking down, it will be another poppy though.
Hope that helps answer your question.

i have the factory covers waterproofed it just seems that water gets under it by the windshield and it can be quite annoying when the carpet is in.

devonte is it hard for you to put that poppy cover on with the boat in the water, seems getting it over the rear deck of mine might be a pain

I don't have much difficulty taking the cover off/putting it on in the water. I have a different model obviously though. I can usually crawl around the boat and do it without getting wet, or I simply pull it closer to shore and do it where I can walk around it (we have nice sandy sallow shore). Boat covers for all makes and models are a bit of a pain, but worth it to keep things generally out of the weather.

I don't think you will be unhappy with a poppy cover.

Unfortunately I won't be able to walk around. My dock is about 12' deep that I keep it in. My only concernis this tie down or whatever that's under the platform or at therear of the boat. I'm not sure I will be able to reach it. I attached a picture so you can see what I mean about access to put that poppy cover on

Attachments

• 20170713_204318.jpg
    20170713_204318.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
I have been in contact with Terri about the cover, I will ask thank you.

anyone on the forum willing to do me a solid and snap a pic of what this cover looks like under the platform?

Here you can see that the cover wraps under the edge of the back of the boat.
IMG_0007.JPG

The cover sits above the swim ladder.

IMG_0008.JPG

I have the cover on a bit lopsided, lower on the right than on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back