Could I have wrong carbon seal ring? Doesn't seem to fit axle.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

swaskey

08 C180 215
Finishing rebuild on a project boat that could, maybe, see water pretty soon.

Ordered Carbon Seal rebuild kit from SBT. Here's the link.
ShopSBT - Driveline Rebuild Kit
Ordered part code 77-112, and the package I received was marked 77-112.

Attempting to install & the carbon seal steel ring doesn't seem like it will even get close to fitting. I haven't measured, but it looks like about 5 thou diff, possibly a little more. Any ideas or suggestions what I might be overlooking? TIA everyone!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 10.36.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 10.36.18 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 15
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 10.42.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 10.42.38 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 15
Old ring is long gone unfortunately. Murphy said I wouldn't need it.

I just spoke w/ Bobby @ SBT. He's going to mic out the inner diameter of the steal ring & the outer diameter of the driveshaft on known accurate parts he has in stock. I'll compare those numbers to the parts I have and see if possibly I received a mis-packaged rebuild kit, or - could I have the wrong drive shaft somehow, for some reason?

Oh that Murphy, I know him well.....

I hope you get some resolution on it. Maybe the driveshaft is not OEM?

I heard back from Bobby @ SBT. Long story short, I purchased a 77-112 rebuild kit - which is applicable on some challenger 180 (probably the majority, from my reading). The internal diameter of the steel retaining ring is 27mm. There is also a 77-113 rebuild kit that has supplies for a 29mm ring. Fits perfect.

Not only did Bobby play phone tag, chase parts & help me find spec - he stayed late last night for me to drive down and pick up the right parts. Really awesome support from Bobby/SBT on a part I bought end of last season.

Will be installing today if the weather holds out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back