Cooling carbon seal while running on trailer? Flushing cooling system

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had oil in my coolant on my 2012 Seadoo GTi 155. I want to totally flush my cooling system by connecting it to a garden house in-line kit, so I want to run the ski until the thermostat opens so that I can get all the contaminants out of the block and the entire cooling system.

The manual says to put the ski in a water bath, but I do not have that. Is there a way that I can use a second hose to spray water into my intake grate and that be enough to cool the carbon seal so that it doesn’t burn up? I just replaced the carbon seal in December.

is there anything else I should consider when running it for like 1/2 hr on the trailer?

Another alternative I am brain storming is if I could remove the thermostat, I could back flush the cooling system without the ski running. Is it possible to remove the thermostat easily without invasive maneuvers?

here is my issue discussion thread: Oil in coolant: 2012 GTI 155

This is not the first time I have read using a second hose sprayer to cool the carbon seal while running for extended periods. The first poster was knowledgeable experienced ski dooer. Just keep the rpm’s to a minimum and forget about pulling the thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back