Coolant Change 2006 SEADOO 215HP Sportster Supercharge with Wake Tower

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

seadoo4tec06

I have looked in Seadoo Boat maintenance manual and talked to dealerships. Does anyone have advice on changing the coolant on this extremely durable boat. The Glycol capacity is specified in the manual no recommendations on replacing it. Dealers quote winterization packages that do not include replacement of the core coolant just a flush which I do not need storing in a temperature controlled garage. Every 10 years replace Glycol? also how do you drain and refill? no apparent means to do so. I have kept this Seadoo in mint shape but need to address this at 13 years of service.

The drain plugs are located on the back side of the transfer plates under the boat. They are a small stainless steel allen drive screw. I know you have to be very careful with removal, they are easy to strip. I am sure someone will have a tip for easier removal.

I simply check to see if my coolant is still protecting to the level I need in the winter months. I don't feel it's necessary to replace provided it's doing the job and looks like it should but that's me, I am sure someone can argue that decision.

Last edited:
I replace my coolant every 3-4 years, there's a drain plug on the rear of the ride plate, remove holding tank cap, raise the bow and drain old coolant into a container. If drain plugs never been removed be careful not to break it off. My manual says to run a cleaning product through, but I just flush with water and refill. I think they recommend a 50/50 mix glycerol to de-mineralized water... I used Seadooo premixed coolant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back