continuous LOUD beep...overheating questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

amcgarva

Got a loud beep yesterday. we tubed and then sat around for a bit drinking beer. when i went to start my 97 Speedster up again we got the continuous beep before even starting the motors. (I read another's post about some link with the gas gauge. My fuel gauge rests always on empty.) I started the motors not knowing what the continuous beep meant and a couple (annoying..i read another post about duct tape over the beeper. I'm all over that suggestion.) seconds later the beep stopped and the boat ran fine. I didn't look for hot engines so don't know if it was truly overheating.

from what i gather there is supposed to be streams of water coming from somewhere off the back of the boat (like on the lower unit of an outboard motor i presume) but i don't see anything like that. Where are they supposed to be on a 97 speedster and what is the easiest way to remedy the situation if i am indeed overheating.

thanks!

The "pee-holes" on your boat are under the ski loop. If you don't see water coming out... then your cooling system is plugged up.

Many have had plugged cooling. Both 2 stroke and the 4-tecs.

Willing to bet if you back flush the system you get sand coming out. That is the most common cause

Thanks for your replies. I don't believe i've seen any water coming out beneath the ski hook. Is it possible that i've done some damage to the rotax motors? is there a write-up on this site for flushing cooling lines?

following flush procedure outlined in the service manual for the 1996 sea doo (mine is 97 and am wondering if they're functionally equivalent) and DID get water coming out the pee holes for both motors. Still i wonder what the continuous beep was telling me after floating for 15 minutes or so.

Yes... the flushing is the same for 96 or 97. And yes... you could have caused damage.

There are a few small orifices in the fittings on the exhaust. They could still be plugged up. I would pull a few cooling hoses, and blow though them with compressed air.

possible damage even though the motor ran for only a couple seconds with continuous beep before the beep went quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back