Considering buying Sea Doo Challenger 230 430 HP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiagoweiler

Hi,

I am looking to buy a Challenger 230. Can anyone tell me if this is a
good choice. I am actually using a Bayliner 185 with a Mercruiser 4.3.
Anyone who owns one or has used one of this, please tell me if I am
considering a good choice.

Thanks

love mine

Love mine, its a 2008, minor issues all warrenty covered, love not worry about not killing someone with a outdrive and or ripping it off hitting something, go for it!!

Thanks for the fast reply!
I will definitely buy it. Just some more questions if you do not mind. Do you the aprox gallons of fuel per hour?. What were the issues on yours? I am planning to take it to south america and we do not have a dealer here for warranty issues.

Thanks
Tiago

Thanks for the fast reply!
I will definitely buy it. Just some more questions if you do not mind. Do you the aprox gallons of fuel per hour?. What were the issues on yours? I am planning to take it to south america and we do not have a dealer here for warranty issues.

Thanks
Tiago
Salt or Fresh water usage? And without a dealership i'd be asking myself what if the supercahrgers go out. Could you fix it yourself?

It was the washer issue on the super charger, if you buy a new one it will be already taken care of, thats it, as far as gas, this boat will fly through gas if you run it hard like over 6000 rpms when the supercharger kick in, under 6000rpms its consumes gas like any other boat with two engines, hope this helps

Fresh Water usage. A bit worried about the turbo issue. But a nice point not having an outdrive. Do you know what would and estimate comparison with the engine I am using (Mercruiser 4.3) about Fuel comsumption?? We normally use the boat for wakeboard and some inflatables (Around 30 mph, 40 tops).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back