Connect Battery - Bilge Pump runs for 20-25 Seconds then shuts off

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadasaurus

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me to know if this is a concern or not.
I just ran across this issue, and I know I read on the forum about someone else talking about this happening, but I searched for over an hour last night and could not find the post.
As the title says, when I connect the battery the bilge pump comes on, runs for about 20-25 seconds then turns off.
The auto for the pump does not work. I actually removed the auto sensor hoping I could troubleshoot it, but it does not look like I can.
I re-tested the above with the auto sensor removed and the same thing happens.
Do I need to be concerned about this?
After the initial running after connecting the battery the pump never runs again unless I turn it on with the dash switch. Does this mean it wont drain my battery?
I found a posting about how to check for battery drain, but when I got ready to check it last night I found that my meter is no longer working - it's fairly old - new battery did nothing. I'll pick up a new one soon.

Thank you.

My 96 speedster does the same thing. Always runs just long enough for me to think it’s stuck on, and then it turns off. I know that when you test the water sensor it continues to run for 25 seconds after you stop jumping the contacts. I figure it’s just doing it’s check when it gets power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back