cone pipe red hot

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rogblack

Hi All

I have a 99 challenger 1800 that I just got a couple of months ago. It has been hard to start from day one so I changed plugs fresh gas etc. while doing this I noticed water pouring from the cone pipe on one of the engines. I felt down below the exhaust hose and it had blown a hole. I replaced the exhaust hose and took it out for a few minutes and everything seemed fine. I looked again when I got back in and the cone pipe and exhaust hose were so hot I couldn't touch them compared to the other side that was only warm to the touch.

You can see the right motor has been running hot from the discoloration on the cone pipe, It has turned brown as apposed to the left motor that is still silver.

For the few minutes I was out both motors seemed to have the same rpm's and it ran fine but obviously it shouldn't be getting so hot.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated I have very limited knowledge on these engines.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back