Compression Test Numbers - RXP 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PersianPete

Hi Guys. I'm new to this forum as I just bought my first ski the other day.

Does anybody know what the Compression Test readings should be for a 2008 RXP 155, or equivalent engine?

My test from the shop reads:
1. 190
2. 180
3. 185

I've done a search and everybody recommends getting a test, but I can't seem to find any specs to baseline the results off. Even the manual doesn't say anything.

Any ideas?

Muchas Gracias !

Last edited by a moderator:
Those numbers are good. The 155 has a little higher compression readings than the 215 due to the higher compression ratio of 10.6 vs. 8.4 on the 215 scic. The 4tec compression readings can vary greatly from engine to engine and still run very well so it only is really giving you a major error check. A better test to perform would be a cylinder leak down test.

Are you having a problem or just checking things out?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just checking things out. The ski runs really well as far as I can tell.

I've never owned a ski before but have been riding motorbikes for over 10 years.

So far I've clocked about 87km/h, not sure if it has much more in it. Possibly up to 90 km/h on glass-like water.

you should hit 95 km/h on glass smooth water with the VTS 3/4 up. VTS all the way down should only be 88 on smooth water.

Mine's not equipped with VTS :(

not so sure if it's a bad thing actually. The less parts on these things, the less things that can break down. (that's why I chose NA over SC)

Also, if you have an aftermarket water intake (Grate) it will slow you down on glass like water. Reason is, the scoop is designed to grab and then throw the water into the top of the pump. On waved and chop it improves performance, on very smooth water it acts a bit like a brake as it is always grabbing (dragging).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back