Closed loop cooling (Sea doo spark trixx)...Means No need to add antifreeze?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

reedsposer22

Hi all, I scoured google and the forum for winterizing. It seems I do not need to add antifreeze anywhere on the unit? (2017 spark trixx). Thanks for any info.

It already has antifreeze in the cooling system. You'll want to start it up without being hooked to water to blow out any water in the exhaust. The do sell a system where you can draw antifreeze into it through the flush port if you like but I think it is unnecessary. I'll be asking my dealer what they recommend but I don't think I will be fogging it or adding antifreeze into the flush port.

I use fogging oil in all my engines for winter storage. Even my Mastercraft boat. Pull the spark plugs, give it a squirt and bump it over.

I just go crank then engine for a second on everything that sits for more than a couple weeks. Don't need to start it just get the rings in a different spot in the cylinder. I have never had any engine seize up on me.

It won’t seize but without fogging you have a chance of getting some rust on the cylinders which isn’t great.
It can’t hurt anything.

Back