Clogged with seaweed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

IgorDubov

Hi guys, I’ll try briefly explain my problem.
was riding my 07 RXP 215 today, rode over some seaweed, after that I guess the impeller got clogged up, trying to accelerate nothing happening just revs, couldn’t really drop in the water to get it all off, was riding at almost idle speed to the shore not too far, then after some efforts with the throttle it went back to normal, probably shredded all the seaweed, but while I was riding with clogged impeller there was some smoke coming out from the rear of the ski, could I burn anything while trying to accelerate with clogged impeller?
Btw when I was flushing the ski I think there still was some smoke, probably steam not sure...
Thanks

When the jet pump is clogged, you are likely not getting cooling water flow to your exhaust system and it may overheat.
Also, the closed loop cooling system needs water flowing under the ride plate from the forward motion of the craft to transfer heat fast enough. If you are revving the engine at high power for sustained amount of time without moving, the surface of the ride plate might get up to "steaming" hot (the boiling point of the closed-loop coolant inside the ride plate being higher than the boiling point of the lake water on the outside).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back