Clicking

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robm620

I have a 2004 seadoo gtx supercharged. Last year every so often when I went to start it, it would make a clicking noise one time when you hit the start button. I replaced the battery thinking that was the problem but it did the same thing this weekend. It does not do it every time just every so often. It is weird it just clicks one time when you hit the start. You can hit it again and it might click or it might turn over and start. Does anyone have any idea what to check or what might be wrong?

if anything like the 2-stroke set-up, i'd check the cables from the relay (solenoid) to the starter, and the terminals..

Clicking is usually the starter, but can also be a bad connection, check your starter connection and your grounds, if all contacts/connections look good then time to replace the starter.

Is there anyway to test if the starter is good or not? I would like to make sure that is the problem before I replace it. Also is it hard to replace the starter??

first thing I would do is make sure all the connections are good, make sure your battery connections are tight as well. An elevated ground can cause an intermittent problem, make sure your block ground is clean and tight. Testing an intermittent problem? well you could get it at a time it is just clicking and tap on the side of the starter and see if it works then.

I agree that it is either a bad/poor connection or the starter, the clicking you hear is the solenoid working properly. The 4tec starters are a mother to change if you haven't done it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back