Cleaning your engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

shucky

G'day all I'm just wondering what you guys here in AU use to clean your engines? I have thought about going to the local car wash and spraying mine down with the engine cleaner but then again I don't want all the chems and water in the hull and suggestions please?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Super clean by castrol, or Purple Power or even simple Green. Spray it on let it sit and brush very dirty thick areas. You could probably use the engine cleaner Gunk too.
Do you have any of these down there?
Then use your garden hose with a nozzle, be careful around the Eboxes & carb area. Tilt the trailer backwards and drain it. You can suction out the little bit left with a shop vac if so desired.

Cheers [MENTION=47626]Seadoobuddy[/MENTION]
Reckon we have simple green here not sure but will have a look
Excuse me for not being knowledgeable but what do you mean by Eboxes?

Eboxes are the electrical boxes. Probably one in the front and 1 in the stern. Pmem and the solenoid boxes.
Make sure they have a good seal before spraying water on them....

...Oh wait you have a 4 stroke, so placement of these boxes may be different than in my 2 strokes.

I get what you're sayin, even if a 4 stroke I'd be Leary of spraying any liquid around'em
Cheers for the help and advice

I use Super clean by castrol, or Purple Power or even simple Green. Spray it on let it sit and brush very dirty thick areas. You could probably use the engine cleaner Gunk too.
Do you have any of these down there?
Then use your garden hose with a nozzle, be careful around the Eboxes & carb area. Tilt the trailer backwards and drain it. You can suction out the little bit left with a shop vac if so desired.

You can get simple green from blackwoods.

Cheers [MENTION=50960]moochy[/MENTION],
I'll see what I can find not sure but I don't reckon we have a blackwoods here in SA though surely someone , sprint auto parts,super cheap would have something, as I said I just don't want all the chems and such in the hull even though I have a small siphon.
reckon I have left my service a bit late as for doing it my self the riding season is about to start..

Back