Cleaning SeaDoo covers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea where to post this so I'm hoping this is good or a Mod will move it to the correct place.

How do you clean your jet ski covers? I have 2 SeaDoo covers that are only a couple of years old and they're getting dingy from travel and the elements. I want to slesn them up and restore them to their former glory. Any tips on how to do this?

If all else fails "Wesleys Bleache White" for mold mildew. "303 Fabric guard" for waterproof and UV protection restoration.

I have been wondering the same, my covers are a year old and look like crap. I've tried washing by hand but that does not take out the mildew spots. I also checked that site and it mentioned putting in the washing machine, I'm a little nervous of doing that but maybe I will try with one. But I will also try that 303 spray. Let us know how you made out.

303 is a maintenance coating to be applied AFTER they're clean.
Wesley's Bleache White will remove mold better than any thing I've ever seen. And harmless to the synthetic fiber and thread used in these covers. (Though it's hell on skin and cotton cutoffs)

Today I used a solution of Woolite, water and a scrubbing pad to clean my covers. I didn't have the forethought to take pictures but it did pretty well. My covers look better but aren't exactly bright white. Definitely an improvement, though. I may try the Wesley's. I need to buy the 303 Fabric Guard.

24 hours later, and the covers look better than they did yesterday right after cleaning. I took some photos today, it's difficult to see the spots that are still there. Which is just fine with me! Thanks for mikidymac and Arkie Bob for the advice. 20190520_163336.jpg20190520_163318.jpg20190520_163102.jpg20190520_163233.jpg

I noticed something this weekend that I didn't notice before. The underside of the cover was dingy as heck. I really don't want to scrub the whole thi g again from the inside out. Will a washing machine on delicate cycle damage these covers?

Never tried it but delicate cycle is usually not the issue. Issue is the drying machine! I don't think water will kill them as they are made to resist water. If I had to do it, I would use some delicate soap or spray to spray the covers first (the one for delicate stuff as well). Then I would pour only a little bit of the regular soap.

If you decide to try it, I would spray the covers once they are dry with a protector (like 3M scotchguard). I did that to my old cover for my 2003 Sea-Doo but again, never to a newer cover. Maybe someone else can answer about that second part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back