Check Valve breaks off oil tank filler nozzle and drops in oil tank!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrider

Hey anyone have a thought on if I need to buy a new check valve after I found it inside the oil tank? Had no idea it had even broken off until I had to replace my leaky tank. I'm buying a new filler nozzle and was hoping to just reuse the check valve..., think it's still functional?

Attachments

• check valve.jpeg
    check valve.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
Clean it out with brake clean, let it dry, breath into it, try to draw air out. If air goes one way you should be good to go.

I thought I was starting to loose it. I'm working on a 2002 RX DI. Owner has complained of an oil leak once he tops the oil up over half. After reading all about the tanks in these I removed the oil tank and plastic welded it. After removing the tank I found the check valve broken just like yours and at first didn't know what it was and was going to worry about it after the plastic weld.
So today I was scratching my head wondering how I broke this based on where its located. And removing the oil tank wouldnt cause that. What are some of the issues that can surface of that's not in its place?
Thanks

Basically the same thoughts I had..., "how did it break and did I do it"? Sounds like there is a common issue however. I'm not a trained tech just to be clear on any advise here. My ski probably had been running for a while with no issue involving the check valve being broken. I assume the valve is for preventing oil from flowing backward into other air lines, etc. when the ski is upside down in the water. I never had a roll over so It never had to function. A new part had to come from Vintage and was $38+, and took a couple weeks. You have to buy the entire oil filler housing that will have the small part in the bottom that the check valve slips on to. I ended up plastic welding mine back into the old oil filler part as I wanted to go riding..., and it works fine as before. The new part finally came, have not re-installed. Probably a 30 minute fix. I'd plastic weld it since you are familiar with that process unless the owner wants to bite that $38 bullet. Be sure to check your check valve by blowing through it, one way allows air to pass through, other direction does not as mentioned in the above string. Make sure it's clear of any oil.

The DI models are very strange. That check valve is actually in the filler neck of the oil fill line for the tank.

My guess is that some people use too long of a funnel and end up breaking it off.

This DI, has just over 200Hour's on it and a motor when down I believe around the 100 to 125 mark and dealer did not cover under warranty. Making sense now reading another post the sea-doo techs say it's bad because it can cover the hole in the bottom and starve the pump.
I just tested my Check valve and can blow both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back