Check engine light on rxp x 255

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

1hsv1976

Does anyone know what the code p0546
Is and the check engine light is on can you clear the code is there a way of clearing it without the diagnostic tool

Last edited by a moderator:
That code is for the exhaust temperature sensor (located on your muffler). If the sensor is working fine you'll want to check to see if the intercooler and/or exhaust cooling hoses are plugged up or leaking. Without software you won't be able to clear the code until the issue is fixed.

The ski picked up something in the water and it mangliated the wear ring the engine overheated for about a minute I replaced the wear ring but the code is still on plus the engine light is on the ski is going fine but it seems like its burning more fuel my question is can I damage something before I replace the sensor or clear the code

I know very little about your ski, but if you mangled the wear ring, is it possible that a piece of something got sucked up into a water hose/tube?

If so, then remove all lines and clear them out, with more than just compressed air.

I ran the ski for at least 3 hours and all worked fine just the check engine light is flashing with the code p0546 which is temp switch Im assuming it just needs to be cleared maybe the temp switch needs to be replaced ski rode all good

One possibility...there is a water line that feeds the exhaust...just before the water box. With the engine off and the ski outa the water....disconnect the hose at the J-pipe...here's the tricky part...blow through the hose....or try. Sometimes after ingesting something into the pump there will be crap trapped in the screen leading to that line.

It's worked for me before.

The 255 does not have a J-pipe. The pipe in question is the one that connects the waterbox (muffler) to the exhaust manifold

Hmm....you don't have a J-pipe...sorry 'bout that. That's gonna change things a bit.

Your exhaust manifold ends with a deep vee clamp. Then you have what appears to be a water cooled/jacketed straight pipe that goes to your waterbox. At the top of that jacketed pipe is a line that is clamped to a 90* fitting up close to exhaust manifold. you also have a line that is clamped to another fitting on the water box near the point that the jacketed pipe enters.

Try either or both of those lines.

Thanks guys a took both hoses of and blew into them and it sounded like rocks falling into the water box I then put the hose in the box and flushed it didn't see anything come out but once I connected everything and started the ski there is no more codes or the engine light flashing thankyou what a great seadoo forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back