Charging issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanyat

Hello I'm hoping for some advice from someone that knows more than I do I have just purchased a 2004 GTX 155 4TEC and to be honest I'm getting really upset because it looks like I bought one with major issues I've just replace a battery because it kept running out of charge while out on the water and after replacing a battery I got someone to help me check the charge while revving the engine and it does appear it's not charging I'm trying to check the fuses and I'm wondering whether someone can tell me which fuse is for the charging system otherwise I'm out of options I don't know what else is wrong with it I'm really kicking myself for buying it as they told me it had no issues and I specifically asked him to be honest because I didn't want to be stuck out in the water with the kids.

There are two 30A fuses are near the MPEM. See item 2 in the picture, red/purple wire.

Go to sea doo manuals dot net and download the manual for your ski. Troubleshooting procedures are in section 12. If the fuse is good, I suspect you have a faulty rectifier/regulator.

What was the battery voltage when you checked it with the engine running? What was the engine RPM when you checked the voltage?

Attachments

• 2004 Charging System Fuse.JPG
    2004 Charging System Fuse.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 39
There are two 30A fuses are near the MPEM. See item 2 in the picture, red/purple wire.

Go to sea doo manuals dot net and download the manual for your ski. Troubleshooting procedures are in section 12. If the fuse is good, I suspect you have a faulty rectifier/regulator.

What was the battery voltage when you checked it with the engine running? What was the engine RPM when you checked the voltage?

Really sorry for the delay in replying. You were right it was the regulator so could have been worse :)
The regulators/rectifiers are very common problems on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back