changing the lanyard without changing the key????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brock1

Both of my lanyards are missing the plastic around them that makes them coil up...so is there any way to just change the lanyard coil without changing the key??? I looked at it last night but it looks like a project so what have you guys done and how did you do it

There have been threads in the past. You can buy the universal non dess lanyards for like 5 bucks on eBay. Then you cut the end of yours off with the cap and swap it over. I'll try to search for the old threads.

thats what i was thinking but i cant figure out how to attatch the new lanyard to the old key....also i tried to search for threads but none came up ...thanks

There have been threads in the past. You can buy the universal non dess lanyards for like 5 bucks on eBay. Then you cut the end of yours off with the cap and swap it over. I'll try to search for the old threads.

this is correct, just connect the key to a new lanyard.

thats what i was thinking but i cant figure out how to attatch the new lanyard to the old key....also i tried to search for threads but none came up ...thanks

This is what I ended up using. Bully Motorcycle disc lock reminder. Was $6 at the local dealer. Used a zip tie to hold the key to the cable then bought a stainless steel quick clip to clip to the driver. $11 total with the quick clip and it is pretty stout.

DiscLockBully.jpg

ok i thought of the zip tie thing but i wasnt sure if it would hold up but if you have done it im sure its fine...thanks guys im goint o get on it now

I just used the excessivly long zip tie (14") from scotch brand I believe since they're a bit wider than the smaller 8" and 6", these can be found at a local hardware store or Home Depot. They have at least a 50lb tensil strength. Also get a name brand, we get some free zip ties with some parts at an audio shop I work at, they break apart just zip tiing something together.

Edit: The 14" have a 75lb tensil strength.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just used the excessivly long zip tie (14") from scotch brand I believe since they're a bit wider than the smaller 8" and 6", these can be found at a local hardware store or Home Depot. They have at least a 50lb tensil strength. Also get a name brand, we get some free zip ties with some parts at an audio shop I work at, they break apart just zip tiing something together.

Edit: The 14" have a 75lb tensil strength.

excellent tip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back