Changing or adding oil in a 2 stroke sea doo gti

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattcharmello

i have a 1997 sea doo gti (2 stroke) and the oil in it is running low. this will be my first time changing the oil and i was wondering if you just add new oil on top of the old oil because its a 2 stroke engine? or do i have to drain the tank and add completely new oil to it? Basically what im asking is do i have to drain the oil and put all new oil into the tank or can i just add new oil to old oil in the tank? and how much do i add? also whats the lowest i should let the oil level get before adding more oil?

a response would be appreciated!

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
its constantly using that oil. It mixes it in with the gas. No need to change it. You need to keep it full though. Dont let it ever get low enough that you may run out while on the water. Your engine may seize up and be ruined. Im no sure if yours has a max line, if it does you can fill it to there. If no line, fill till its about full.

You also need to use the same oil the previous owner used. If you are unsure what that was, then you need to preferably drain the tank and start fresh.

The above is good advise, just wanted to add a comment. You need to use API-TC rated oil. You have a 720 engine so I would suggest a synthetic blend.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back