Changing oil lines.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dramsey66208

I'm going to replace the fuel hoses this weekend on my 1994 spx. Should i replace the oil lines as well, and if i should, what do i change them out with? I bought 25 feet of 1/4 black rubber hose for 1.29 a foot. Ill be removing the gas tank and oil tank to clean them out since the have sat since 06.

depends what kind of shape there in. If there all hard and leaking than yea replace but....if there good condition and have some flex to them they should be fine. but! you will want to replace your oil filter (white thing on the oil hose going to the oil pump)

also you will want to replace the 2 little oil lines that go from the oil pump into the RV cover(replace them every 2 years because if they break from being old you can kiss you motor good bye). there just little 1/8" weed eater fuel line you will need about a foot of it total to do both lines. :cheers:

Nathan

If i replace all the oil lines just to start out fresh, what kind of hose? Can i use the 1/4 black hose like the fuel ones?

no you have to use clear oil line. I forget the sizes.....theres 2. Because you have the 2 big RV bath oil lines, and the smaller oil pump oil line.

The small hoses from the oil pump to the injectors are 3/32" ID Tygon fuel line. I got mine at Ace Hardware, about 1.50'. If you have trouble finding it it's Oregon part no. 07-153. I believe your ski has the oil pump mounted on the rotary valve cover, you'll need less than 2', if it's mounted on the mag. cover about 5'. Use small cable ties.

The larger hoses are probably O.K., I've never needed to replace the larger hoses. If you want to replace them you can get the sizes from the parts diagram, click parts above.

Lou

Attachments

• 100_0579.jpg
    100_0579.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 24
1/8" would probably work fine, I actually have a spare oil pump, I took it to the hardware store and the 3/32" was a closer match. The actual size is probably in mm, that's what they use in Canada, eh.

Lou

yea your probably right. actually i cant remember but i think i also use 3/32 it was a good fit. up here in Canada we use both metric and imperial it's a mess.... just makes for more confusion in my opinion

Nathan

I think imperial is a pia, but I like metric and I'm old school. I don't like having to figure out all the math for SAE. For metric, if a 10mm doesn't fit go to 11, it's just a lot simpler.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back