Challenger 230 Additional Storage?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bclinuxco

Has anyone here ever looked in to converting/utilizing the large empty space betwwen the back of the bow seating and the back of the glove compartment/dash in a Challenger 230 into additional storage?
There is a HUGE open space in there (I think it would be taken up with the rails and actuator for the power windows if my model had them) that is big enough for me to sit sideways in. The cavity is there on both sides and has a decent sized access hold behind the front cushions. The cushion is pretty hard to remove so the area is definitely not readily accessible without modification. It seems like a great place to mount amps, invertors, or store gear that is bulky and you might need to access less often.

Anyone have any ideas on creating a good-looking, easier access storage area in this space?

I have looked into it because the 2012 models those spaces were accessed. My 2011 is like yours. I used the space on the drivers side to mount an amp and stereo equipment. I would like to do something on the passenger side so that it is accessible. Some type of snap fastener instead of the plastic darts..

I think i actually saw on another site where someone recessed a refrigerator into that space.

Swissdoo,
Can you post pics of the mod (preferablly including your work building it) or post a link to the site where you originally put the mod up? I have been thinking more and more about doing something with that space.

Thanks!

hi, sorry i am out for a few weeks, just search for challenger 230 fridge and you will find my thread here.

Cheers patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back