Challenger 1800 pour-posing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosl2

So I know this has probably been beat to death but this may be one of the worst boats I ever owned in my life. This thing is either to light or the hull is to flat for high speed that I cannot for the life of me get it to stop porpusing and take a wave. Here is my ride plate. Seems pretty far down if you ask me but maybe It can go more. Sorry my kids and wife do not want to sit up front and this thing is like a kite in the water. It just starts to pourpus and gets exponentially worse as it goes on, introduce a 12” wave and your done for[emoji53]. Thoughts?IMG_9048.JPGIMG_9049.JPG

Have someone sit up front.

There have been a few members who have made extended tabs that are fitted to the rear of the hull, and that will help the bouncing.

Have someone sit up front.

There have been a few members who have made extended tabs that are fitted to the rear of the hull, and that will help the bouncing.

There all kids and only weigh 40lbs, lol. Wife doesn’t like it up front. I will try dropping the plate 5/8 or more and see what happens

Hello,
I had the same problem with mine and I installed trim tabs and it made a big difference. See photo below. We use our boat mostly in Long Island Sound and it takes waves very well and does not nose up when pulling a tube.

IMG_0286.JPG

They are spring loaded and do not need to be trimmed and install easily.
I have attached the information on the units I used if interested.

Mike

Attachments

• 46262QG.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Hello,
I had the same problem with mine and I installed trim tabs and it made a big difference. See photo below. We use our boat mostly in Long Island Sound and it takes waves very well and does not nose up when pulling a tube.

View attachment 49102

Mike

Cool didn’t know they exist. I will give them a try. My last attempt before that is to try this ride plate trimmed down as much as I canImage1593012570.262149.jpgImage1593012601.060266.jpg

Hello,

View attachment 49102

Mike

Bennet 10” tabs ordered and installing this weekend. Thanks!

I used Nauticus Smart Tabs on our Islandia and made it ride awesome, plane quicker, stay on plan at slower speeds and handles the rough water of multiple wakes when on the river most importantly no more porpoising

I used Nauticus Smart Tabs on our Islandia and made it ride awesome, plane quicker, stay on plan at slower speeds and handles the rough water of multiple wakes when on the river most importantly no more porpoising

which model # I am looking at some for my islandia as well but looks like there is about 5-6 options. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back