Challenger 1800 2002

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spetz

Hi. I am new to this forum and Seadoo boats. Baught a 2002 Challenger 1800 last year. Perfect condition but had no engine( Mercury 2,5). All the rest is there (ekshaust, jet, wiring). Need to buy an engine. Lives in Norway and it seems impossible to get an engine for a reasonable price here. Would it be smart to change to an other enginetype or stick with the original ? Would be very thankful for any tips where to get an engine for a ok price.

Sorry to say, there is a reason that boat was sitting with no engine. If they pop, many are not willing to spend the money to put a different engine in at the prices quoted. If the pump is there, a new powerhead and rebuilt powerhead is available.

Others can correct me if I am wrong, but you may want to stick with the same powerhead as I was unsure if the Optimax 250 and the 240EFI used the same pump.

The thought of dropping in a 300hp Verado would be very cool, but the cost to engineer such a feat would be more than the boat altogether.

Good luck,

I Wonder....will the powerhead from a (outboard) Optimax 200, 2007 mod fit on the existing jet ?

Be sure to confirm that by VIN if at all possible. It may not matter, as the powerhead my fit either way. But in 2002 the 250 Opti and 240 EFI were the engine options in the 2000/X20. (the only reason I share this, is I had the 2002 brochure in my document packet that I included with my X20 when I sold it last month)

I do see that the 2002 1800 came with a 210 or 240efi. You were right.

2018-05-11 10_43_48-BRP -- Operator's Guides.png

I could be wrong, but what you will find, if they do use the same pump, spend the money on the bigger engine, as that boat could use all the HP you throw at it, and the cost would not be much different.

The electrical may be different, and the oil reservoir should be drained if you switch. The opti uses DFI oil, and the EFI uses Mercury Premium Plus oil.

Good luck,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back