Challenger 180 vs 210

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyboyZR1

We're on a hunt for our first boat (SeaDoo Challenger) and I'm debating between a 180 or 210 model. Several years back we rented a 2006 180 model and with 6 adults on board it was a dog! We took water in over the front during waves and it wasn't an enjoyable ride with 6 adults. However, this is our first boat and the 180 would be nice to learn on and they seem to be $5k - $10k less than the 210 models. Just not sure if we would wish we had gone for a 210 instead. Has anyone ever regretted purchasing a 180 or wish they went with a 210?

Last edited:
Didn't we answer all of your questions in your previous thread? I was going to post the link as I remember posting in the thread, then I realized it was your thread.

What answers are you looking for that weren't answered in that thread?

Yes the previous thread was quite helpful indeed. I suppose I could have continued this there. I'm just curious to hear from any 180 owners if they have ever felt the boat was too small or wish they would have purchased a 210.

If you plan on having 6 adults in your boat, then you answered your own question. The extra room is always nice. I think the 210 is a huge upgrade compared to the 180. Why spend the money on the 180 only to have to sell it later ( and possibly lose money ) to upgrade to a 210?

The only reason I would go with the 180 over the 210 would be towing or storage issues. If neither of those are an issue, go with the 210. You won't be disappointed.

I think you pretty much answered my question. Storage or towing really isn't an issue. If we went with a 180 I'm afraid I would regret not going for a 210. Thanks!

I'd highly recommend you go drive and look each model over before you purchase. Other things I prefer are the side mounted navigation lights, front anchor locker and ladder, hinged seat cushions and extra storage throughout the boat.

From our experience, the 210 is about right for us but we sure would like a larger boat as even a 210 will get crowded with 6 adults and drinks/food/coolers. We are fortunate enough to have a PWC as well, so when things get crowded we will use that for fun and additional transportation. I did notice a 210 come up in Oklahoma but it's higher hours at around 120 but priced decent but it's a haul from Minnesota.

In our case, 210 or bigger is the only way to go. My wife wanted a smaller boat I talked her into a 210, now at times she thinks it's crowded but is glad for the extra space. Also keep in mind if your in choppy water the bigger the boat the better, deeper v hull is a huge plus. In Iowa it seems the wind never stops and makes it a challenge for smaller boats or even chop from other boaters. There are very few days I would not take ours out because of waves, and many days I have seen smaller similarly sized boats (as a 180) struggle and we say no thanks. It's more than just capacity but in the end it's what is best for you!

Thanks for the insight - we've decided that a 210 is the way to go. Good point as well about handling in choppy water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back