Challenger 180 255

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8shaftz

Hey guys i recently bought this boat for a good price to restore. It’s only got 158 hours but it hasn’t been maintained properly. I plan on removing the engine and changing most parts known to fail. It’s not my first Seadoo 4-tec so i shouldn’t have any surprises. My question is, when i had it running on the hose yesterday i noticed it’s leaking water from the jet pump mounting gasket, where could this be coming from, ive never see this happen before. I will try and post a video.

Hey guys i recently bought this boat for a good price to restore. It’s only got 158 hours but it hasn’t been maintained properly. I plan on removing the engine and changing most parts known to fail. It’s not my first Seadoo 4-tec so i shouldn’t have any surprises. My question is, when i had it running on the hose yesterday i noticed it’s leaking water from the jet pump mounting gasket, where could this be coming from, ive never see this happen before. I will try and post a video.

Like you said, you don't know a lot of what the boat is gone through. You do know, that plate is where your cooling system is. Coolant from the engine circulates through the engine, then down to the plate for heat transfer to take place; it's basically your radiator. I've say, do a pressure test on your cooling system, see where its coming from. If could be something simple like an "O" ring, or it could have a pin hole in it. Good luck! Hope it's something simple!

I think I know where you are referring to... Might be better with a video. We're you running it with a garden hose connected?

What is a saltwater passage? Can you post a pic.
Where the metal washer is, there’s a green rubber gasket around it, that runs water through(didn’t mean saltwater specifically, depends where you boat, but deff not coolant) i can’t seem to upload the video of it running, but that the only place it could be coming from as water enters through there and gets discharged through exhaust, correct?

Attachments

• 37674BE0-3C01-4691-9FE4-5DD2B7F04CBB.jpeg
    37674BE0-3C01-4691-9FE4-5DD2B7F04CBB.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
Your exhaust intake reducer should be replaced. According to the repair manual, your 255 requires the green reducer. Part is like $13
Reducer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back