CD Player/Radio

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

challenger180

Have an 05 challenger...everything is running good but not getting any response from cd player/radio. Can someone point me in the right direction as to a few easy things i can check before I take it into the shop and lose my shirt. Thanks

Don't take the boat to boat mechanic to have the radio checked out. If you are unable to do it yourself (it is likely a fuse or bad wiring harness) get someone else to look at it....it will be much cheaper.

Matt

Yeah seriously.... just find a young kid on your block or something... chances are they know tons about stereos/amps/wiring/etc...

doesnt seem to be the fuse

checked the fuse and it looks ok. Also checked the wire harness and appears ok...any other suggestions. thanks

Most of the cd/radio's i have seen have had a reset button in the front. sometimes they just don't boot up properly and they freeze.
I use a tooth pick, it is a small hole with a button inside it, some times under the detachable face.
Give it a try, at worst it resets your radio stations!!:rofl:
:agree: Go to a car stereo store to get it fixed, some work on boats as well. A good one will find the prob straight away!! :cheers:
P.S. Can you use a multimeter?
There are normally three power wires, Dont know the boats colors but this is normal 1)Permenant power(yellow 12v+)2)Accesories power(red 12v+) 3) Earth(black 12v-).
There are eight speaker wires, four pairs, white/grey/purple/green. These measure 4 ohm's. The one with the black stripe is negative.
Pull out the wiring harness from the back of the stereo and test for these measurements.
Another way to test speakers is to use a AA battery, touch the battery to the wires going to each speaker and they will make a sound so you can tell if they are working!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back