Carbs that will fit 1988 round body carb

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now to my problem on my 1988 Seadoo I have a good wear ring the impeller seems to be good no slack that I can see in impeller or shaft but mine want rise up and take off motor peaks out to point where rev limiter kicks in but will not rise up when put in water it picked up good at first but across lake I heard noise then it started this I can't tell what problem is
I know they come with stock impellers so it's never really performed as it should and ideas guys?? Oo I think the wear ring is in good shape I looks ok

Are you sure this is an 88? They are kinda rare. The last 2 digits in the HIN are model year (on right rear of hull below the rub rail, sometimes hard to see).

Gap between the impeller and wear ring should be less than the thickness of a dime.

I too am looking at replacing round-body with square body (SBN-38) on 89/90 models, but not high enough on the priority list right now. A couple of the experts on the forum have said that this is a good move.

What I have found is that you are better off in getting a square-body from a single-carb installation, clean/rebuild it and do the jets as recommended by [MENTION=38897]doc[/MENTION]honda
"http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?78423-Will-a-SBN-38-Carb-fit-my-1990-Seadoo-SP
"from dochonda
"If anyone else has an old ski, and wants to swap on a SBN... (it gets rid of the external fuel pump) the jetting I'm using is:
" 130 main
" 67.5 pilot
" 1.5 needle @ 35 psi pop-off
" 1.25 low
" .25 high
"

If you get the carbs from a dual-carb installation you will need to deal with the fuel pressure regulation which is in the second carb return line to the fuel tank. I was messing with figuring out how to do this when I got sidetracked (happens with us old farts). The carb with the fuel pump has no restriction on the output line so fuel pressure would be way low (like in almost none) and the pressure is set up in the output line of the other carb; if you use this carb you will need to put a fitting in the output line drilled with the proper orifice to maintain proper fuel pressure (orifice size is the question). My theory (unproven so far) is that if you use the external fuel pump and the second carb (with the return line to the fuel tank) it should work ok. The carbs for a dual-carb installation (in my limited experience at least) are stamped "MAG" and "PTO".

Hope this helps a little and does not really mess up your mind. Experts here will correct me if I am too far off the reservation.

Good luck and have fun.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back