Carbon seal mess

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

yummyjaffacake

My fish pro 155 2019 has splatted carbon debris all over the inside of my engine compartment and nothing can be touched without blackening hands.

I cant help but think a 21 hour ski should not have so much gunk on a shiny new ski.

Is this normal to gave so much gunk in the engine compartment?

Dealer not really committing to an answer til they see it at its 50hour service (i live 4 hours drive away)

Any thoughts or experiences greatly received :)

IMG_0308.JPGIMG_0309.JPGIMG_0630.JPG

Don’t have any carbon residue in my 2011, and just had a gentleman report in the 4tec section that his motor was misaligned from factory on his new ski, but his driveshaft imploded. I would think premature carbon seal wear could be a symptom of a misaligned motor.

Interesting thank you. Does seem odd to me guess will only know when i tow it back to dealer. They said i am fine to wait til 50hr service so fingers crossed it gets resolved and cleaned up.

It appears that the black carbon residue is from your carbon ring, which should not be disintegrating, at any age, motor alignment (or broken mount) will no doubt be the culprit.

Ah! Thats kinda my fears. I think i need to get this £15k ski back to dealer sooner rather than later and start my warranty argument. I fully expect i will just get a new carbon seal and be sent on my way but i really annoyed that carbon sludge has contaminated everything. The transparent siphon tube are jet black with carbon inside so you can imagine everything else, and carbon does not wash off with anything - i have tried :(

Wow, I apologize, that is a great looking and (functional, for fishing), ski, $ 15 000 Pounds, $20 000 here in Canada. But no doubt it is not a bent drive shaft from an incident on the water, (would have to be serious), your motor is either out of alignment, a mount is loose, one or mounts are loose, one or more mounts are broken, ( unlikely being new).

And you would hope that BRP (your dealer), would pay the bill to clean up your hull,( which I doubt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back