Carbon Ring Worn? 1997 Seadoo GSi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

louinnorth

Good afternoon, Great forum and I've learned a lot about PWC's! I have a "rattle to the bone" sway/cavitation once I hit 4000 rpm's. Replaced the impeller and pump but the problem still lingers. Water was getting in the hull so I yanked the shaft and will replace everything. Just wondering if this ring looks like it can be the culprit. Much appreciated! Lou

Attachments

• SeaDoo old carbon ring 20160814.JPG
    SeaDoo old carbon ring 20160814.JPG
    771.1 KB · Views: 19
Another issue that happens with cavitation that can be difficult to find is the actual pump shoe separated from the hull when the adhesive fails and can cause a lot of weird cavitation and vibrations

Thanks very much for the hugely quick replies! Motor mounts are fine and the motor is solidly mounted. Used the neoprene gasket on the hull. The only other thing that I could find is that there was no rubber bumper on the PTO side of the shaft. The teeth were somewhat chipped consistent with running with no bumper. So, I'm going to switch out the shaft and replace everything, carbon seal, plate, rings etc. I think, it's going to be one of those, try a few things and see what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back