Carbon build up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceXP116

8DB541C5-68F1-48FA-9494-AFD93DC2AABF.pngI went outto my ski today since I got 175 psi in the exhaust side and 155 psi in the driveshaft side.I looked inside the cyl and saw it was a bunch of carbon build up.Got this ski a couple weeks agoand it has not been ridinsince 1997. I took it out to the lake a couple days ago and it was running really wells. I did not hold it full throttle since I treated it as I was breaking it in again. Very minimal throttle. About 25% throttle for like 20-30 mins. It has a lot of carbon build up and I have no clue why. If I could just run it and scream it would thag burn off all of that carbon?

Run the correct oil and give it some time. If it isn't fouling sparkplugs don't worry about it.

Run the correct oil and give it some time. If it isn't fouling sparkplugs don't worry about it.
Thanks a lot. I’ve been worrying because of the different psi. I thought it would wear off. I have another question. I recently did an oil block off and idk if I have to take the oil pump shaft out. That’s the little plastic peice. People say to take it out but mines in there and ain’t coming out. Will that screw anything up?

I would not do a oil blockoff on any seadoo.
They are reliable as it comes, just replace the little 3/32" oil lines from the pump to the intake, install a new filter and feed it the correct API-TC oil.
If it is a 580-787 you still have to supply oil to the rotary shaft even if blocking off the oil injection.

I would not do a oil blockoff on any seadoo.
They are reliable as it comes, just replace the little 3/32" oil lines from the pump to the intake, install a new filter and feed it the correct API-TC oil.
If it is a 580-787 you still have to supply oil to the rotary shaft even if blocking off the oil injection.
I have to for racing. In order to race for the AJSA Summer series. i have to have oil injection deleted

On your 787 you can just pull the plastic drive for the oil pump if you don't want to buy a blockoff kit, not sure what your racing rules are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back