Carb rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clizano12

I’m hoping somebody could steer me in the right direction, I’m looking for a reputable shop that rebuilds Mikuni Dual carbs for a 96 Spx and a 97 GTX I’m looking to get a rebuild done with genuine OEM parts and have them check all the fine details as far as pop off pressure, etc and some what tune them as much as you can. I’m willing to ship it anywhere I need to for the right shop. I live in Iowa and there is no reputable shops near me that I trust and I rather send them somewhere where I know I’m getting someone with expertise with these carbs really looking them over otherwise I’ll just tackle the job myself. Thanks in advance!

I’m hoping somebody could steer me in the right direction, I’m looking for a reputable shop that rebuilds Mikuni Dual carbs for a 96 Spx and a 97 GTX I’m looking to get a rebuild done with genuine OEM parts and have them check all the fine details as far as pop off pressure, etc and some what tune them as much as you can. I’m willing to ship it anywhere I need to for the right shop. I live in Iowa and there is no reputable shops near me that I trust and I rather send them somewhere where I know I’m getting someone with expertise with these carbs really looking them over otherwise I’ll just tackle the job myself. Thanks in advance!

It's really not a bad job to do, just make sure to get genuine OEM parts, make sure to get new needles/seats, new base gaskets, and use everything in the kits, orings, etc. For about $20, you can easily make a pop off tester to verify pop off and pressure hold. Clean thoroughly, use compressed air, set the HS/LS needles to stock settings, sync the carbs, remount and then try it out.

I did two sets for my 787 skis, if you pay attention to details, use OEM kits, it'll reward you on the water.

After doing some research and reading what you guys have said this is the route I think I’ll go. I appreciate the info, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back