Carb pressure test

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJinSC

Can I pressure test the carbs on the engine just to make sure it is holding? Do I just block off the return and pump up at the supply nipple? What about the pulse line?

Also, can someone confirm the LS setting on this (97 XP)? The manual says 1 turn but I see it listed as 1.5 at other places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can... but I would recommend taking them off. You have to do them one at a time, so the crossover has to be removed and plugged.

I would go 1.5 turns since it's an 800 engine.

Not to step on your toes Dr. but it might save some work to check them on the ski to see if he has a leak first. Then if he does I agree he will have to separate the two to find out which one is leaking.

[MENTION=53237]mikidymac[/MENTION], yes that was exactly my plan. Check for a leak first then if I find there is a leak remove them as Dr suggest to narrow down.

1.5 is what I have been told by two good sources now including Dr so I just pulled the ski out and have her on the trailer for these issues. I had set it at 1 turn but it seems to be a little too lean on idle and start.

Not to step on your toes Dr. but it might save some work to check them on the ski to see if he has a leak first. Then if he does I agree he will have to separate the two to find out which one is leaking.

Nope.... not stepping on any toes here. I've done the same thing before. (just best practice)

Adjusted to 1.5 and things seem a lot better. Will know more for sure once I get the flame arrester back on and in the water. Trying to find a way to pressure test until my new pop-off tester arrives. Any suggestions? Tried a bike pump but it leaks down itself.

Adjusted to 1.5 and things seem a lot better. Will know more for sure once I get the flame arrester back on and in the water. Trying to find a way to pressure test until my new pop-off tester arrives. Any suggestions? Tried a bike pump but it leaks down itself.

Since the bike pump does not have a check valve use a inner tube schrader valve attached to a piece of fuel line and quickly disconnect to avoid loosing pressure back through the bike pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back