Can't get foward drive - speedster 200

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzTEXS

Not happy

Just got my boat back from 50hr service and yesterday I took it out and 10min into trip I lost forward drive .. boat only goes in reverse .. assuming cable is broken somewhere not sure how to diagnose but eventually I had to strap a rope from the flap at the rear to keep it up so it didn't fall back down.

Apart from taking it back .. where should I look? ?

You can confirm the cable by running the throttle through its normal range of travel and see how the reverse bucket moves. If it only moves in one direction, then something is wrong. If you detach the cable from the bucket end and operate the throttle, the cable should move both forward and back. If it doesn't, then the cable is likely broken.

You need to see what broke or disconnected. If the bucket free-moves, start there as that should not happen.

Last edited:
Bit too complex for me .. going to take it back tomorrow.

Wasnt expecting any issues after 50hr service.

Now that its getting fixed, get some corrosion X (name brand) or another corrosion inhibitor and spray the part where the buckets connects to the cable (on back...looks like accordion boot attached to right pump bucket). Spray that every time your done with the boat. That area is prone to rust and the spray will help make it last longer.

Now that its getting fixed, get some corrosion X (name brand) or another corrosion inhibitor and spray the part where the buckets connects to the cable (on back...looks like accordion boot attached to right pump bucket). Spray that every time your done with the boat. That area is prone to rust and the spray will help make it last longer.
Brilliant advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back