Can't get above 7000 rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

eugkim

Was hoping for some advice. My 2015 GTX 260 iS runs fine until it hits 7000 rpms when it just tops out and stays at 60 mph. When I first got the ski, it hit 8000 rpms, and my 2 other identical skis hit 8000 and go 68 and 70. I thought it was fixed when I first got it back in the water this summer after service (oil change and spark plugs) as it slowly crept up to about 65 and 7700, but that was short lived. Curiously, I just took it out after having it sit for 2 weeks and it got to 7500 and about 63, but then it went back to 7000 after about 20 minutes.

I'd love to get this fixed; 2 places I've taken it to couldn't seem to find anything. I thought I might got the aftermarket tuning route to get more power, but, to me, makes more sense to fix the problem, then consider tuning if needed.

Any thoughts? Undiagnosed leaking intercooler? Supercharger hasn't been rebuilt yet (150 hours), but I was told it was fine and doesn't make any noise. Someone suggested a dirty fuel filter, but that was fine.

Supercharger clutch washer slipping torque could be out of tolerance causing a loss of boost. There is a service manual procedure to check it, and I’m glad it’s not making any noise. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back